That being said, I will share that I was successful on my 5th grade SLO at reaching my goal as well. Only about 65% of my students reached the goal on the 1st grade SLO, and less than that on my 2nd grade SLO. After discussing it with the art teacher who graded my assessments, we both think it's because the scavenger hunt was just too difficult of a task for their level. My 1st grade rubric for the 6-square drawing assignment also needs to be revamped into more of a check-list. It was hard to grade the post-assessments based on what the rubric said because many students had great horizon lines and backgrounds, but weren't as successful with the subject matter. My rubric dealt more with the subject matter and didn't allow for points to be scored for the craftsmanship in each square, if there was any. But more on that SLO in a later post.
I posted about my SLO's when I started blogging back in July...you can see my original post here. I did have to change my grading rubric due to the changes in how our assessments had to be graded at the end of the year. Since I had to swap assessments with another art teacher, presumably one who does not work in the district and would not be there to observe student's cutting skills, I had to take out any observational categories in the rubric (such as students knowing what hand to hold their scissors in). Here is my updated rubric that I used for the pre- and post-assessment.