Monday, June 9, 2014

Where has the year gone!?

I just wanted to reach out to my blog followers and apologize for my lack of posts!  I really do have so much to share with you, but I have just been so overwhelmed this year!  My little one is growing so fast already...she is six months and in the last two weeks, she has started to sit up unassisted, crawl and is trying to pull herself into standing!  Needless to say she is a very cranky, baby who doesn't sleep well anymore because she always wants to be on the go!  Thus, mommy is a very tired and cranky mommy who only gets to sleep in two hour increments at night again!  (Which is tough to go back to after your baby was sleeping through the night for almost two months straight!)

My husband is finally done with his chemo treatments.  Things are looking good so far that the cancer is gone, but he will be monitored closely for at least a year until we can say he is in remission.

My art show has been put up and taken down, and is all over...I have pictures to share of that.

I also have TONS of projects to share.  At this point, it looks like the end of the year is what I will be blogging about over summer!  I must say that I feel like a complete slacker this year...I haven't been performing to my standards on my blog and at school as a teacher.  Things with my SLOs and LLOs have been a giant mess this year.

Among all of this mess, I HAVE managed to submit two proposals to NYSATA to present two workshops at the conference!  I'm pretty excited about that.

Anyways, to my followers, I'm so sorry again!  Next week I should be able to start picking back up on my blog as my high school classes will be over and I will only be dealing with elementary classes. :)  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. You have nothing to apologize for! You had two major life events you are dealing with PLUS being a full-time teacher! Something has to give and having your blog take a back seat to more important things for a little while was necessary... I'm happy to hear that your family is well and that is what is most important. I hope you take some time to relax and re-charge this summer break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have to remember that our batteries have to be charged for us to work. The blog will always be here... you baby is only little for a while and your hubby needs your support. Don't apologize and go get a quick nap in :) Prayers for a good news report on your hubby's treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear your husband is doing well. Don't stress about the blog - when you have time to post, we will have time to read!

    Meanwhile - I'm VERY excited you have submitted workshop proposals. I just attended a NYSATA board meeting on Saturday, and we do not have as many workshop submissions yet as we usually do at this point. I"m doing my submissions this week. Can I ask what kind of workshops you have planned?

    As far as your baby - glad to hear she is growing and busy, but don't let her keep you from sleeping! Put up the sides of her crib, close her door, and let her cry a bit. She'll learn to amuse herself! You need some sleep!!! Be well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about presenting! I submitted to do a hands-on workshop for the pinch pot spheres I did with my high school students this year, and my other one is entitled "Embracing the Common Core" for elementary grades, where I plan on going through the NYS listening & learning strands and give examples of what I've been doing to connect with them, so on and so forth.

      Delete