Sunday, November 4, 2012

Christmas Craft #2

Here's the other Christmas craft we created!  I LOVE scrapbook paper and I have a HUGE assortment of it...so we went for a paper craft!


Here's what we used:
~ModPodge
~1 12"x12" canvas each
~2 different sheets of scrapbooking paper each
~Wooden letters: N O E L ($1.49 each at JoAnn's, plus an additional 25% off from a coupon!)
~Acrylic paint
~Hot Glue
1. Cover canvas with the ModPodge.

2. Place paper over the top and cover it again with ModPodge. I didn't do a very good job of laying it flat, but the less air bubbles the better!

3. Trace letters BACKWARDS on the back of the scrapbook paper.  Cut out.

4. Mod Podge the paper to the letters in the same fashion as the paper to the canvas.

5. From here, I wasn't sure if I was going to paint the edges of my letters or not, but they didn't stand out so well on the canvas unpainted, so I carefully painted them blue.

6. I did the same for my canvas as well!

7. Next, I glued my letters to the canvas using hot glue.

8. Lastly, I added some ribbon and button embellishments!
Mine is on the left, Steph's is on the right...she elected for no embellishments...

No comments:

Post a Comment