Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fall Drawings and Prints-4th Grade

Hallelujah!  My 4th graders are done with their projects!  Between half days, assemblies and field trips, this has taken a little longer than I would have liked, but I'm not going to complain too much...most of the results are great!

For this project, students had to do a value drawing in colored pencil that included at least one realistic tree.  That part actually took them the longest, but I can see some major improvement in a lot of their use of value compared to the value cities project I had them do.  I think it was a combination of more practice and using the colored pencils instead of the drawing pencils.

Then, students had to draw a leaf and carve it out of a linoblock.  I use these SoftKut blocks (I believe that's what they are called...) which I order through Boces.





This student did an AMAZING job!  I think this is one of the best ones!  She really understands how value is used!




Another good ones...this student really understands about cast shadows...which is pretty impressive as I haven't specifically taught them about shadows yet...


2 comments:

  1. Woah. Those leaf borders are stunning. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are REALLY nice! I especially like the leaf print borders! :)

    ReplyDelete