Sunday, January 27, 2013

Finished Winter Birch Trees

Here are some of the finished watercolor birch trees.  As I'm grading them, I'm doing some reflecting on this particular version of my project.

1. I need to do some more practice painting with the watered-down watercolor paint for painting snow.  I don't want to "baby" the students by giving them already watered down paint...I want them to learn how to do the technique themselves, therefore it appears I need to give them more practice to master the technique.

2. I need to get my classroom some watercolor pencils!  I figured out what it is that I don't like about the coloring...it's the crayons!  I think these would look so much better with some watercolor pencils instead.

3. I noticed quite a few more students being successful with the depth aspect in this project compared to the fall birch trees...hoorah!

4.  We need to work a little more on shadows from a light source...some of the shadows are on the wrong side of their trees...

P.S. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I GET THE CODE TO EMBED MY ARTSONIA GALLERY ONTO MY BLOG?  I've seen other blogs with the little button that says "check us out on Artsonia" but I can't figure out how to add it to my own blog!

We'll do one more version of these come spring time...



 I hate to say it but these two boys are my star art students in 3rd grade...they have a really great grasp on how to use watercolor paint! 



I wish the artist on the left had used less birch tree lines and the artist on the right had used more birch tree lines!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I will email you because I can't type in the html code here without having it turn into a button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find your email address on your blog. You can email me your address marciadotcom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete