Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Question: How do you install a tile mural on a wall?

Okay, I'll admit that I have never done any grout work or tile work...aside from cheesy stepping stones as a kid.  Can anyone out there give me some pointers or direct me to a good internet resource with directions for how to do a wall mural using tiles?  I ordered and just received this 6" tile kit from Nasco and I want to make a tile mural to hang in the school with the Extended Day program, as this might be the last year for doing it.


The teacher before me made a small tile mural using 3" tiles, but she created a wood frame/shallow box to set them all in, and I'm wondering if it can be done without doing that...can they be applied directly to the wall?

2 comments:

  1. I've done quite a few murals and your mural just happens to be the easiest tiles to install. But, it really depends whether it is an interior or exterior space and what the wall is made out of. The best source for information is your local Home Depot or hardware store. Tell them what you are doing and they will recommend the products for your specific set of specifications. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For the most part, our walls are those painted white bricks...yuck! There are a few places where the wall is regular dry wall, but I don't know if they would let me install a mural there just yet!

      Delete