My 2nd class of 6th grade finally finished their Egyptian artifacts today...so I snapped a few photos to share! I'm really happy with about 60% of them. I was a little worried at first that no one would take this project seriously, but in the end, I'd say I'm happy with the results. I had a handful in each class that still blew the project off and didn't put their all into it, but hopefully I can kick their butts into gear in the next unit. I am in LOVE with the scorpion bottle one of my girls made! It wasn't an exact artifact we talked about in class, but her details are awesome! I can't wait until it's glazed!
This group of students is boggling my mind this year. Usually, clay projects are a 100% hit with groups when I do them because they don't do them that often. This group has done a lot of complaining about getting dirty! I've been surprised as to which students are acing the clay project versus the students who are not...I am going to have to rethink the rest of the clay projects I was going to do with them for the rest of the year...
One group had their projects come out of the bisque firing today, and one group will go in for a bisque firing next week. As we move on, one 6th grade class will be doing Greek art for their next unit, and one will be doing Asian art. It drives me a little insane that their teachers aren't teaching the same culture or teaching them in order, for that matter, but we'll see how this goes. This is one of the first times I'm teaching a different unit to each grade level class.
(Pardon my pictures, they aren't the greatest...I took my spiffy camera to school today, only to realize that I left the memory card in my laptop at home! iPhone pictures had to suffice for today!)