Sunday, March 17, 2013

2nd Grade Elements of Art Quiz


Since I just finished grading these, I figured I would share...my last post for the weekend!

The last few days I've been sick, nursing laryngitis AGAIN and I had a substitute one day.  It was originally for a planned personal day, however I ended up spending the entire day sleeping!  Anyways, I needed to come up with something that the sub could handle doing, as well as something I could handle doing with very little voice!

Since my SLO and pre-assessment for 2nd grade revolves around finding the elements of art in scavenger hunts on famous artworks, I came up with this elements quiz to give the students.  It was a great way to gauge how they are doing learning the things they will be assessed on at the end of the year!

I've seen this drawing prompt on pinterest, so on the back of the quiz, this is the drawing portion students had to complete.  I drew a line that looked like it could be the outline of a snowman, however it was incomplete.  At the top, it says "This is NOT a snowman!  What do you see?"

On the left is supposed to be Mario...I LOVE the one on the right!  Made me crack up when I saw this!  Does everyone else think it's what I think it is???



I must say that I was pretty impressed with some of these!  This particular grouping was from the day I had the substitute.  The group I gave the test to did a lot of soda bottles and (not following directions...) snowmen.  Now, I obviously can't be too sure that the substitute didn't help them out, but none the less, I was happy with what I saw here!

4 comments:

  1. I love the twister - how cool that the kid turned the paper upside down to do that! That's really thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really got some creative responses! I would love to chat with you about your SLO's... we're in the process of writing them for the first time, and your idea of finding elements through scavenger hunts of famous artwork is so unique! If you'd like to share your ideas, could you email me? s_nofziger@pauldingschools.org Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also be interested in hearing more about your SLO and assessment piece using a scavenger hunt if you'd be so kind to share. My email is kmaudlin@jgsc.k12.in.us

    Thanks in advance!
    Karen Maudlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I just sent you a copy of my scavenger hunt! Let me know if you have any questions about it!

      Delete