Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Marbled Starry Night Puzzles

Since I had the shaving cream whipped out for my artist staff development, I decided to try it after school.  Luckily, I had a small group of students who decided to do my activity...we had just enough shaving cream left for them to do some marbling.  I wanted them do their own version of Starry Night using the paper marbling technique on the puzzles, however most of the puzzles didn't end up looking very Starry Night-ish.  We used tempera paint for this.





These two puzzles were the only ones that actually did a Starry Night version.  The others got frustrated because they swirled too deep into the shaving cream before taking the print from it.  The other four students ended up painting over their paper marbling.

This was the first time I did paper marbling with students.  I would suggest, if you haven't done it before, to really STRESS not digging too deep into the shaving cream with the fork/comb when swirling it.  Most of the students went too deep, and then kept swirling and swirling until they created a muddy color.

No comments:

Post a Comment