Friday, March 22, 2013

YAM: Dress Like Your Favorite Artist or Artwork

So here it is, our last YAM spirit day!  Today was dress like your favorite artist or artwork day and there were some really awesome costumes, especially from some of the teachers!!!  (The really funny part is that I did my makeup at home and then forgot that I had to stop and get gas on the way to work!  The little gas station on the way doesn't accept credit cards at the pump...you have to pay inside.  The women there know me well...all they said was, "Must be something going on at school today!")






Our principal is on the left...she's been waiting over a month to wear the dress she bought for today!


Here is the project 4th graders worked on.  Their teacher chose Van Gogh and their teacher incorporated it into their science unit of constellations!  Awesome!

This one is the 4th grade teacher's example.






2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed at how supportive your school staff and principal are! Where in the world did she get that dress? I must get one also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at the number of faculty that participated (and honestly, some of the ones that did and some of the ones that didn't!). Next year it'll be even better I hope!

      She actually found that dress online at JCPenney!

      Delete