I've uploaded my unit, rubrics and power point onto the smARTteacher website, so feel free to pop over and check it out!
Anyways, I've already shared our finished fossils, but here are the other two projects we did.
After we created our fossils, we made a dinosaur quilt. I demonstrated to students how to draw an up-close view of a dinosaur. We looked at and discussed how to create the illusion of dinosaur skin texture in our drawings, which was the point of this particular project. Here's one of our finished dinosaur quilts...the other one still needs to be put together. I think I may keep this as an auction item for the end of the year...
Our final project was to draw a dinosaur world. We spent a class period practicing drawing dinosaurs using shapes (which builds upon my shape animal unit) using these hand-outs I found via Pinterest. (My packet of these are on smARTteacher.) The requirements for the final drawing were as follows:
1. Draw at least 3 large dinosaurs with texture.
2. Create depth in your drawing (using multiple horizon lines).
3. Draw an appropriate environment for your dinosaurs (no grass, ferns, volcanoes, lakes, etc.)
4. Use good craftsmanship when coloring.